- This event has passed.
Oil Mill Operators Short Course
April 8 - April 10
86th Oil Mill Operators Short Course
- The Process Engineering Research & Development Center
- Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- Extraction and Protein Technologies Program
- International Oil Mill Superintendents Association
Objectives of Short Course
This day and a half course will cover a wide variety of topics associated with oilseed processing plant operations. The goal is to present the tools and information needed to improve operations by increasing efficiency and optimizing human and plant assets.
- To receive the latest information on improving plant operations
- Obtain latest safety and regulatory updates
- Learn about emerging technologies and trends in the industry
Sunday, April 8, 2018
Monday, April 9, 2018 – Capitol 3 Conference Room
Tours and Ball game – Bus Provided
- Separators Inc.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Museum
- Return to hotel
- Indianapolis Indians Baseball vs. Toledo (optional)
Tuesday, April 10, 2018 – Capitol 3 Conference Room
Location and Facilities
All lectures will be held at The Westin Indianapolis. Indianapolis temperatures are from 50-62ºF (10-17ºC) in April. Participants will be taken by bus for tours and game. Manuals and lectures will be in English.
- Dean Snyder – Texas Center for Applied Technology, Texas A&M, College Station TX
- Rich Clough – Food Protein R&D Center, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Quenton Lind – Separators Inc, Indianapolis, IN
- Eric Stibora – Anderson International Corp. Stow, OH
- Jason Van’t Hul – Nalco, Naperville, IL
- Tony Prehm – Lurgi, Houston, TX
- Brett Sasser – The Dupps Company, Germantown, OH
- Denver Hance, Valley Co-Op Oil Mill, Harlingen, TX
Registration fee for the workshop is $150.
or mail applications to:
Process Engineering R&D Center
Texas A&M University System
Texas Engineering Experiment Station
College Station, TX 77843-2476
Mailed applications should be accompanied by a check made out to TEES (Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station). You may also register and pay online at http://perdc.tamu.edu. Because of the heavy demand for the limited short course spaces, registration fees are not refundable. However, participating organizations will be allowed to send substitute personnel.
Sessions will be of an informal nature, and it is recommended all participants wear casual clothes. The course is entirely for the benefit of the registrants. Questions and comments will be welcome at the end of each speaker’s presentation. The right to substitute speakers and change the schedule as necessary to expedite the course is reserved. Faxes for registrants may be addressed in care of “Oil Mill Operators Short Course” to (979) 845.2744. Emergency calls may be made to the participants at (317.262.8100) during class hours.
The conference will be held at The Westin Indianapolis.
A block of rooms has been reserved at The Westin Indianapolis for short course participants. Room rates are $179+tax and RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE BY March 9, 2018. Please mention the Oil Mill Operators Course or Process Engineering to receive the block rate.
The Westin Indianapolis
241 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Contact Rich Clough (email@example.com or 979.862.2262) or Cyndi Casanova, Short Course Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-845-2741) for additional course information or if you need assistance with registration.